Saturday, January 31, 2015

Preparation

Next Sunday I'm running in my 1st Halfmarathon and honestly I never had a plan to run a 1/2. After I had my girls two years ago the plan was to just get back in shape, run a 5K, nothing more really, just have fun. Last year I won a registration for a 10 K thinking that would be fine I went for it, finished in just over an hour and really enjoyed it. It was the Susan G Komen for a Cure which is close to my heart. From there I thought if I can do this I can do 13 miles. So I looked for a fun half marathon to do. Sarasota is a favorite area of my husband and I, perfect Sarasota music half marathon, love music too. Today I ran 12 miles in preparation and felt really good especially the first four. I ran these with two new friends that I made in my running group and it was great, they kept me motivated, we chatted, got to know each other a little. At mile six I had to stop and take a potty break (I was in the park near the restrooms so no need to pee in the brush). I picked right back up and finished strong in just over two hours. My goal for my half marathon is to do it within two hours and 30 minutes I think I can definitely accomplish this goal. Wish me luck, it looks like we're gonna have great weather too. I will of course give an update and have some pictures to share after. Even some more bling!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying this running thing! Good luck on Sunday! You've got this!!

    ReplyDelete