Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Not a patient person!

Clearly I have no patience for waiting around. I'm on day 2 of car issues. I love my Honda Civic, I've had it for about 7 years it has 180,000 miles and we've never had a bit of trouble. Yesterday I got up, got the twins ready for preschool and myself ready to go to the office, day was all planned out and my car wouldn't start. Seriously, I have way too much to do for my day to start like this. My husband was on his way to a business meeting so i called my dad, explained what was going on and he was sure it was the battery. My dad comes to my rescue with a new battery and I canceled appointments for the day. 

He installed the new battery and still the car wouldn't start. So we took a break, dropped the twins at school 2 hours late and went to the auto part store. By this time it's also raining outside and getting chilly. Of course my car is not in the garage but in the driveway which just makes matters worse.

After consulting with the auto part store and mechanic friend, tried 2 batteries and checking out a YouTube video on replacing the starter we decided to have it towed. At the dealership they've also determined (what I've already told them) I need a new starter. So now I wait on day 2 for my car to be ready. I'm really glad I don't have car issues very often, I'm not good at waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment