Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Florida Halfathon Challenge vs. Disney Race

For the past 2 months or so I've been thinking, what of my "bucket list" races do I want to do? I didn't really want to travel far, not that any of my current list races are far away but also some are just so expensive. I thought about just going for it and registering for Wine and Dine at Disney, was on their site when it went on sale but just couldn't do it. It's SO EXPENSIVE! Also, my husband made a good point, I'd really have to prepare my body for that one since I'm usually in bed about 10 and the race doesn't start until 10. With my time I wouldn't be done running until after mid-night, I might as well forget about the post race festivities.

Yesterday the Disney World Marathon registration opened and I thought about it, thought about it, thought about it but I couldn't push the button, $175 is a lot for a race. I'd also been thinking about doing the Florida Halloween Halfathon. It usually falls the Saturday prior to Halloween which is the same day as the Frankenfooter (I run in this and this year I'm the race director). This year the Halloween Halfathon falls on Halloween and Frankenfooter is the weekend prior. Perfect I can do both. Looking further into it, why not do the Florida Halfathon Challenge, it's on my "bucket list" too. Cost a little more than a Disney race but it's 4 races... So I pushed the button this morning and now I'm registered for the Halloween Halfathon, Holiday Halfathon, Clearwater Distance Classic and Florida Beaches Halfathon. That's in addition to Sarasota Half Marathon next March and Best Damn Race Safety Harbor in February.

The next 12 months looks to be filled with fun running events. Wish me luck on my training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment